Costs and Payment
Palliative home care, hospice services and care at the Kansas City Hospice House™ are covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance policies. Learn more about Medicare Hospice Benefits
As a not-for-profit organization, Kansas City Hospice & Palliative Care is committed to serving all in need, regardless of their financial resources.
Our staff is very skilled in helping people to understand their insurance coverage or the need for assistance and they will work closely with you and your family so that you may receive the care you need.
If you are still seeking a cure for your illness, you may be eligible for supportive or palliative care in your home. When the focus shifts from seeking a cure to maintaining quality of life and comfort, you may choose hospice services. The best way to find out more and see what program might work best for you is to ask one of our expert nurses to come visit you. Our registered nurses will provide a complete evaluation and talk through all of the options with you and your family. Our team will also explain how Medicare and insurance cover your care. There is no cost and no obligation for this informational visit.
- Nursing care – an RN case manager to coordinate your care and provide ongoing medical care
- Hospice aide – assistance with personal care like bathing and dressing
- Doctor services – your own physicians and our physicians as needed
- Medical equipment – like wheelchairs or walkers
- Medical supplies – like bandages and catheters
- Drugs – prescriptions needed for symptom control or pain relief
- Therapy – art, music, physical and occupational therapy as recommended by your care team
- Social worker services – support for you and your family, and referrals to community resources
- Chaplain – nondenominational spiritual support for you and your family
- Grief and loss counseling – support for you and your family
- Short-term inpatient care – if needed to manage pain or stabilize symptoms
- Other services – as recommended by your care team to keep you stable and comfortable
- Volunteers – assistance with many of the things not covered by insurance LEARN MORE
How Care Begins
Care starts with a phone call from you, a family member, your physician or a hospital or facility staff member. Call 816.363.2600 to schedule an informational visit. Or, CONTACT US online.