Volunteers are the heart of our organization.
Our volunteers are students, homemakers, professionals, seniors and retirees who care enough to share their spare time.
We rely on the services of our volunteers to accomplish our mission of offering excellence in care, comfort and support. We appreciate each of our volunteers and all they do to enrich the lives of our patients and their families.
Patient & Family Support Volunteer Opportunities
- Patient interaction – friendly visits provide caregivers with a break
- Office support – receptionist, data entry, filing, mailings, phone
- Special projects – light housekeeping, scrap booking, hair dressing, carpentry or other special skills
- NorthCare Hospice House – greeter, office work, cookie baking
- Friendly Pet Visits – Volunteers and their dogs receive training through Pets For Life and provide pet therapy to our patients.
- Lifetime Legacy Video – Volunteers interview and videotape patients to capture and preserve life stories. Videos are edited into DVD format and often include music and family photos. For many patients, the video is their final gift to their loved ones.
- No One Dies Alone – Volunteers receive special training about the last day and hours of life. These volunteers provide a comforting presence for a patient who is actively dying and who otherwise would die alone.
- Teen Program – Teens age 13 and above can share their talents through friendly visits, computer work, office assistance and help with special projects.