When you choose palliative care or hospice, you will meet a nurse who will manage your care team and help you choose the types of care and services that you may want to receive. Working with the same team members over time, you will get to know the people who care for you and they will get to know you and your family.
This continuity of care is very effective and our team members have won national honors for both the quality of care and compassion that they bring every day.
Our team approach puts YOU in charge. You get to decide what types of care you want and, if your family or friends want to participate, your team will help them learn the best ways to help.
In addition to your nurse case manager, you get to choose services from a full range of expert health care providers:
- Nurses — your nurse case manager handles all the details, assessing your needs, educating your family and coordinating all of your care
- Home Health Aides — aides provide personal care like bathing and dressing assistance
- Social Workers — social workers provide resources as needed and desired, provide counseling and refer to community agencies if necessary
- Chaplains — non-denominational chaplains support all spiritual practices, work with your own clergy and assist with memorial preparations
- Doctors — your own doctors and our board-certified palliative and hospice physicians provide expert pain and symptom management
- Volunteers — volunteers offer companionship to you and your family, offer respite care, assist with pet care, run errands and much more
- Art Therapists — art therapy provides a creative outlet for you and your family to express emotions
- Music Therapists — music therapy can help manage pain and anxiety, help you connect with loved ones and help express emotions
- Other Therapists — if needed, physical therapy, occupational therapy, wound care and dietitians may be asked to assist
- Grief Support Specialists — families receive 13 months support after a death and offer many resources for families
- Child/Teen Specialist — special hearts and expert hands care for children and teens, even before birth