Assisted living is a wonderful option when you no longer want the hassles of taking care of your own home, but are not ready for a long-term care facility. If that’s where you call home, you’ll find that the services we offer are not all that different from care at home.
Several things you’ll want to know about palliative and hospice care in assisted living:
- We’ll collaborate with the staff at your facility to help meet your needs, wherever you choose to live
- We will help in communicating with your family, whether here or out of town
- Your family will receive the same options for emotional support as any of our families
- The extra one-on-one attention you will receive may help you stay independent longer
- As your needs change, your care team will help you and your family identify more resources
- If you need to transition to a long-term care facility, we will assist and continue to provide your care (hospice only)
- Maintaining your independence and dignity is of utmost importance to us
All people receiving care from Kansas City Hospice & Palliative Care work with an RN case manager and a team of hospice professionals. You may choose which services you would like to have. Our experienced team members will visit as often as needed and desired. Most people choose to receive care from several team members, including social workers, home health aides, chaplains, art therapists, music therapists, volunteers, child/teen specialists and more.
Your own doctors will stay involved in your care and your personal physician will direct the medical care that you are given. Our physicians are available to consult and are experts in pain and symptom management.
To learn more, please call us at 816.363.2600 to schedule a visit. We will come visit you and your family, assess your situation and answer all your questions.