If you visit a hospital and speak with any of the patients, you’ll hear one thing over and over. “I want to go home.”
Palliative care and hospice are proven ways of working with people in their homes to provide the kinds of support that will help them realize their goals. For the past 35 years, we’ve been a leader in Kansas City health care, helping families to focus on living life to the fullest.
Several things you’ll want to know about palliative home care and hospice at home:
- Your care team will provide expert symptom management, helping to ensure your comfort and safety
- You get to choose which services you want
- Both you an your family will receive emotional and spirittual support as desired
- Palliative and hospice care can help you stay independent longer, spend less time in the hospital and greatly reduce ER visits
- As your needs change, your care team will help you and your family identify more resources
- If you need to transition to assisted living or a long-term care facility, we will assist and continue to provide the care you need
- Maintaining your independence and dignity is of utmost importance to us
All people receiving hospice care from Kansas City Hospice & Palliative Care work with an RN case manager and a team of hospice professionals. You may choose which services you would like to have. Our experienced team members will visit as often as needed and desired. Most people choose to receive care from several team members, including social workers, home health aides, chaplains, art therapists, music therapists, volunteers, child/teen specialists and more.
Your own doctors will stay involved in your care and your personal physician will direct the medical care that you are given. Our physicians are available to consult and are experts in pain and symptom management.
To learn more, please call us at 816.363.2600 to schedule a visit. We will come visit you and your family, assess your situation and answer all your questions.